A dreamy love song with a punchy chorus, “Gone” is his first release since “It’ll Be Okay” dropped in December 2021.
The first release of 2022 comes from Shawn Mendes with “When You’re Gone” (via Island).
It’s his first release since “It’ll Be Okay,” which dropped in December 2021. “Gone” is a dreamy love song with a punchy chorus.
Jay Martin (“It’ll Be Okay,” “Mercy,” “Stitches”) filmed the official music video in Toronto, Canada, over several days of recording. This video builds to Mendes’ live debut of the song at SXSW in Austin, Texas.
- Pop World Selection: 10 Sugar-Coated Pop Songs To Refresh Your Music Playlist
- Discover 10 Independent R&B, Soul, Jazz and Blues Artists Who Will Get Your Feet Tapping
- Interview: Why Remy Neal’s “Grey Sky Blue” Should Be Your Next Indie Pop Banger
- Check Out These 10 Indie Rock Songs That Will Be on Your New Playlist Today
- How To Build My Artistic Identity In The Metaverse?
“When You’re Gone” was produced by the Canadian heartthrob Jonah Shy, and written by Mendes, Shy, and Harris.
Four of Mendes’ four full-length studio albums have debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, including his most recent, Wonder, from 2020.
When Mendes returns to the road for Wonder: The World Tour, his biggest tour yet, he will perform “When You’re Gone” and his hits. North America’s leg begins June 27 in Portland, OR, and concludes on Oct. 26 in Newark, NJ.