In October 2018, the trippy clip was uploaded for the first time.
Travis Scott’s mind-bending “Sicko Mode” has reached 1 billion views on YouTube. This week, the Dave Meyers-directed video for the song, which features Drake, Swae Lee, and Big Hawk, went over a major milestone on YouTube.
Scott’s first entry into the billion views club, and Drizzy’s sixth clip to surpass 10 digits. The bold video begins as Drake walks his dog along train tracks at sunset in a town overtaken by red smoke, while Meyers focuses his lens on the faces of citizens of the area. Scott pulls up on a horse and drops a verse among a group of people hanging outside a convenience store and a group of girls chilling in a parking lot as the tempo changes.
- Al Mur Captures The Mood With Cinematic Instrumentals For A Fun, Chill, & Mindless
- The Dunwells Bring Their Heart-Warming Folk-Rock Magic With Their Tell Me What You Want Album
- Welsh Band ‘Lie Supine’ Is Bringing Back 90s-Style Alt-Rock Music with Open Eyes
- Reviving Retro Rock And Nostalgia Back With Time by The Atavists
- Glam Rock Is On The Rise: Indie Band Hello Amnesia Released New EP Retrograde
Similarly, Meyers’ camerawork is eclectic, switching from hyper-colour to black and white and incorporating excursions into outer space and psychedelic focus shifts that give the clip a trippy, see-sawing tone.
He was recently announced as one of the headliners for a trio of Primavera Sound shows in South America, which will mark Scott’s return to the stage a year after the deadly 2021 Astroworld Festival tragedy in Houston, which resulted in nearly 400 lawsuits against both Scott and the event’s producers.
Primavera Sound Sao Paolo will feature Scott on Nov. 6; Primavera Sound Buenos Aires, where he will appear on Nov. 12; and Primavera Sound Santiago de Chile, where he will appear on Nov. 13.
Watch the video of “Sicko Mode” below.