The head of state was attacked by the unidentified assailant while traveling on Tuesday afternoon in Tain-l’Hermitage.
The President was attacked on Tuesday (8) when was visiting the city of Drôme, in southeastern France, to talk with traders and students about the future of business with life returning to normal after the pandemic.
He was surprised by a man in a crowd of onlookers while walking around town, according to a Twitter video.
Macron reached out to shake a man in a green T-shirt, glasses, and a face mask.
The man could be heard shouting “A Bas La Macronie” and then slapped Macron in the face. As he slapped the leader, it was also possible to hear him shout “Montjoie Saint Denis”, a battle cry of the French Army, from when the country was still a monarchy.
Macron’s security party quickly intervened to pull the man to the ground and shoo Macron away.
- Russian University Shooting Leaves 8 Dead And 28 Injured
- Thousands Evacuated As Volcano Erupts On Canary Islands
- The Instagrammer And Singer Kevin Keew Is The New Face Of Pophits.co – FREE Music Distribution
- Brazil Is The Third Most Vaccinated Country In The World
- Chinese Astronauts Return After 90-Day Mission To Space Station
Two people were arrested in connection with the incident.
The aggressor’s identity and the motives for the action are uncertain.
The presidential administration said there was an attempt to attack Macron but declined further comment.